The Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee (NWAC) is established under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 to:
- Provide a forum for all matters relating to the control of noxious weeds in NSW.
- Privide advice to the Minister on all noxious weed matters.
- Recommend to the Minister the allocation of noxious weeds grants and ensure public authorities are accountable for those funds.
- Recommend to the Minister plant species to be declared as noxious weeds.
In addition to providing advice to the Minister and the NSW Department of Primary Industries, committee members are expected to keep their organisations informed about developments and issues concerning noxious weeds and to assist in publicising weed issues.
Source: Noxious Weed Handbook for councils and councillors. NSW Department of Primary Industries
- NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Shires Association of NSW
- Local Government Association
- Livestock Health and Pest Authority
- NSW Farmers Association
- Catchment Management Authotities
- Nature Conservation Council of NSW
- Nursery and Garden Industry NSW & ACT